What is Aleppo soap?
How is Aleppo soap made?
A time honored ancient process, olive oil is converted to soap (saponified), then bay leaf extract (laurel) is added, mixed and the resulting product is spread out to solidify. This is then cut by hand into rectangular bars and individually stamped with the producers seal. The bars are then dried in huge aerated stacks for months to start the oxidation which turns the outer surface of the olive green soap to that beautiful golden colour.
What’s so special about Aleppo Gold Soaps?
- 100% Natural product made of saponified olive oil and bay leaf extract.
- Doesn’t contain lots of chemicals that irritate your skin.
- No coloring, chemical perfumes, or any genetically modified materials.
- Olive oil contains a high percentage of vitamin E and polyphenols, which is a useful anti-oxidant that can help delay the symptoms of aging.
- Laurel oil (Bay Oil) has been known as the “magic” oil. Tradition says that famous women, like Cleopatra and queen Zanoubia, have used this oil to keep their hair shiny.
- Contains NO animal fats.
- Deep cleansing, antiseptic, great for spots and pimples.
- Leaves skin clean and fresh.
- Mild, natural olive/bay fragrance; NO synthetic perfumes.
- Great for use as shampoo as it leaves hair squeaky clean.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Soft, creamy lather ideal for shaving too!
- Extremely long lasting.
- This soap is excellent when used with a loofah or exfoliating mitt.
Genuine Aleppo soap
We stock Aleppo gold bars that are genuine Aleppo Soaps that are made in Syria and we can produce evidence of the origin if required. Please also note that the soap has been tested and meets the requirements of the EU cosmetic directive.